I have to admit I don’t help out enough around the kitchen during Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I do a lot of cleaning and some making but maybe not enough actual cooking. Anyway, I would like to share with you one of my favourite Polish deserts.
Chocolate oats balls
Difficulty level: Easy
Time needed: 20 minutes actual making plus 30 minutes waiting.
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa
- 250g Milk powder
- 2 cups of oats
- 250g butter
- Cup of sugar
- Coconut shavings
- Place butter into a pan to melt
- Whilst butter is melting add sugar and cocoa as well as 1/4 of a cup of water. Keep mixing until coming to a boil and all is a smooth liquid.
- Place outside or next to an open window for the liquid to cool (around 30 minutes or whenever cool).
- Once the mixture is cool and had become slightly thicker add oats and mix so that becomes a thick and equally spread paste so that it’s thick enough to roll into balls.
- Using hands make the paste into small balls and roll them in coconut shavings.
- Place into fridge for around 30 minutes for them to set.
- Stuff your face!
I hope you enjoy these mini chocolate balls! Personally I did them without the coconut but that is up to you!
Enjoy and I wish you all a very merry Christmas! May Jesus be born in all of our heats this Christmas!
The Gab Eye